Art Talk - Geordie Lishman - Haliburton School of Art + Design (free)
- Group: Haliburton School of Art + Design
- Category: Arts & Culture
- Sponsor Orgnization: Haliburton School of Art + Design
- Location: Haliburton School of Art + Design - Fleming College Great Hall
- Start: July 18, 2018 04:45 PM
- How strong a role does creative influence play? Metal sculptor, painter and teacher, Geordie Lishman was raised by his father, sculptor Bill Lishman who founded Operation Migration, and mother Paula Lishman of Paula Lishman Ltd., International Sustainable Fur Fashion Company.
The influences of Operation Migration and the intimate relationship Geordie developed with the birds instilled him with a profound connection to nature and wildlife which informs much of his stunning metalwork. Geordie’s spiritual guide and medicine woman Lorraine Thomson once said of him “a young man who gets to fly with birds has no limits to his imagination…” and she could not have been more right.
From the sale of over 5,000 fantasy space paintings – entirely painted in spray paint in a matter of minutes – to his current career as a metal sculptor, Geordie’s artistic evolution is rich with inspiration and experiences.
He continues to live his family’s legacy of using fire, water and recycled metal to create beautiful works of art. Geordie’s dedication to the preservation of the environment and sustainability inspires him to use almost exclusively recycled materials: most of his metal comes from scrapyards.
This event is expired now