The Tree and the Donkey who Loved to Sing by Cascada de Flores
- Group: Razzamataz Kids' Shows!
- Category: Music
- Sponsor Orgnization: Razzamataz Kids' Shows!
- Location: Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavilion
- Start: April 22, 2018 02:00 PM
- The Tree and the Donkey Who Loved to Sing tells the tale of how traditional Mexican dance music (son) was found. In the story, an old man befriends the burro (donkey) and the tree. They teach him how to make instruments and music out of wood. You will also meet a few others such as the vulture (abuelito), the owl (búho) and the iguana. The music entices the entire pueblo (town or village) to come together in dance in the spirit of fandango, or community. Cascada de Flores offers an afternoon of song, zapateado (foot stomping) and nostalgia, spiced with a bit of creative Mexican humor.
Razzamataz Kids’ Shows! are made possible in part by grants from the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Ontario Arts Council.
This event is expired now